There are three schools in Arizona that offer Online sports degree programs, at both undergraduate and graduate levels. The majority of these programs are Sports Management or Business, but also include Sports Law and Sports and Society.
Consider an online program currently accepting applicants.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
100% online, become an occupational therapist, nutritionist or physician assistant with further education.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Master of Movement Sciences & Health – Physical Education and Sports Performance
Two specializations: Exercise Science, and Physical Education and Sports Performance.
|Master||Online MS in Health Science
Fitness and wellness track provides a strong scientific basis for advanced areas of the field
|East Central University
|Master||Master of Education in Sports Administration
Prepares professional educators for athletic leadership positions such as head coach or athletic director.
|East Central University
|Bachelor||Online Bachelors in Kinesiology
100% online, 80-hour practicum.
Top Arizona Online Sports Degrees
Below is a review of the top Online sports degrees in Arizona. While there are relatively few Online Sports degrees offered in Arizona, many schools offer a large portion of their on-campus Sports programs in an Online format.
Jump to the complete list of sports degrees in Arizona:
Arizona State University Online Bachelors in Sports Business
Arizona State offers a B.A. in Business with a concentration in Sports Business accredited by the AACSB. This program is also offered in a traditional, on-campus format, across multiple campuses. ASU also offers an Online M.S. in Sports Law and Business. ASU offers an Online B.S. in Healthy Lifestyles and Fitness Science, in addition to several Sports and Exercise Science degrees in on campus formats. Here are more details of the programs:
- Ranked #1 Online B.S. in Business
- 6 start dates
- 7.5 weeks per term
- Earned admission offers non-traditional admissions
- M.S. In Sports Law provides foundation in sports management and law
- ASU Law is ranked #1 in Arizona for Bar exam passage
- Law program ranked #10 public law program in the nation
University of Arizona Bachelors in Sports and Society
The University of Arizona, in Tucson, offers an Online B.S. in General Studies with a specialization in Sports and Society. Here are program specifics:
- Ranked #7 best online Bachelors program
- 120 credits to degree completion
- Program combines elements of business, nutrition, athletic training
- Allows transfer from multiple in-state junior colleges and universities
Grand Canyon University Bachelors in Sports and Entertainment Management
Grand Canyon University (GCU) has a well-known Online program that offers a B.S. in Sports and Entertainment Management. GCU also offers Online degrees in Sports Psychology (B.S.) and Sports Management (M.B.A.). The Sports Management programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Here are more details for these programs:
- 120 credits with 8 week courses
- Combines athletic training, business, and sports law and analytics
- Requires 300 hours of paid or unpaid work or internship approved by Colangelo School of Business
- Psychology program prepares learners for entry into clinical psychology graduate programs
- MBA program requires 54 credits and consists of 8 week courses
Associate and Bachelors Sport Degrees in Arizona
|Arizona State University||B.S. in Community Sports Management|
|Grand Canyon University||Online B.S. in Sports Management|
|Grand Canyon University||B.S. in Sports Management|
|University of Arizona||Bachelors in General Studies with concentration in Sports and Society|
Graduate: Doctorate and Masters Sport Degrees in Arizona
|Arizona State University||Masters in Sport Journalism|
|Northcentral University||Online M.Ed. in Athletic Administration Specialization|
Top Sports Organizations in Arizona
Arizona is home to several collegiate and professional athletic organizations. It is also a primary location for MLB Spring training. These organizations offer a variety of internships and career opportunities for students pursuing degrees in Sports, as well as those recently who have recently graduated. Here are the top sports organizations in Arizona:
- Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Diamondbacks
- Phoenix Coyotes
- Phoenix Suns
- Arizona State Sun Devils
- University of Arizona Wildcats
- Phoenix Mercury
- Arizona Rattlers
- Arizona Interscholastic Association
- Footprint Center
- Arizona Cactus League (and training facilities)
- TPC Scottsdale Golf Course
Top Sports Careers in Arizona
The Department of Labor anticipates a 20% increase in sports related jobs through 2030. The Department of Labor indicates that roughly 75% of all new Sports jobs will require a Bachelors degree.
- Sports Analyst: Sports anaylsts compile and analyze in-game statistics and have a background in statistics and/or mathematics. Statisticians/analysts have an average salary of $92,000 and projected job growth of 35% through 2030. The mean annual salary for analysts in Arizona is $97,000.
- Athletic Scouts: The field athletic scouting is expected to grow at the rate of 36% by 2030, which is greater than the national average. The average mean salary for scouts in Arizona ins $54,150, which is among the highest mean salaries in the country.
- Sports Journalist/Reporters: Arizona has a large concentration of sports reporters and journalists. The annual mean wage for reporters in Arizona is $57,310. The field is expected to grow 15% over the next 10 years.
- General and Operations Managers: General managers are responsible for the planning and operations of athletic organizations, including developing and executing contracts and planning various aspects of human resources. Arizona has one of the highest levels of employment for general managers, with an annual mean wage of $99,430.
- Lawyer: Arizona has one of the largest numbers of lawyers employed in the state. The mean annual salary for lawyers in Arizona is $126,000. The field is expected to grow by 9% over the next decade (average growth).
What can you do with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Sport Management in Arizona?
Arizona has many large collegiate and professional athletic organizations. It is also a primary location for Major League Baseball’s Spring training. This means that there are very good opportunities for individuals emerging from school with degrees in sports management or related fields. The top job in Arizona is Sports analyst.
Other jobs for individuals with backgrounds in sports and athletics in Arizona include sports journalist, scouts and business agents. Organizational management and sales representatives are also rewarding careers in Arizona, but are generally filled by individuals with a high level of experience managing professional athletics. Finally, individuals may wish to pursue sports law and related legal work, as Arizona is one of a few states to offer education in sports law, and also has one of the highest levels of employment for lawyers.