There are over 20 different sports degrees in Georgia. The most popular program area by far is the Sport Management program. However, there are also degrees in Kinesiology, Management, and Sports Administration.
Are there online sport management programs in Georgia?
Consider an online program currently accepting applicants.
|Master||Online Master of Science in Sport & Fitness Administration
100% online, no test scores required for admission.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
100% online, become an occupational therapist, nutritionist or physician assistant with further education.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Master of Movement Sciences & Health – Physical Education and Sports Performance
Two specializations: Exercise Science, and Physical Education and Sports Performance.
|Masters||Online MA in Sport Management
Areas of emphasis in Sport Administration adn Sport Marketing.
|Spring Hill College
|Bachelor||Online Bachelors Sports Management
100% online, 2-4 years to complete.
Top Georgia Online Sports Degrees
Below is a review of the top online sports degrees across Georgia. The Sports Management degree is the most common at the undergraduate level. Online graduate degrees are diverse and include Sports Management, Kinesiology, Health and Human Performance, and Physical Education. There are also Coaching and Teaching specializations.
Shorter College Online Bachelor of Sport Management degree
Shorter College offers an Online Sports Management B.B.S. The school is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation, and offers an A.S. (traditional) and M.S. in Sports Management (Online). Here are more specifics:
- Ranked among top Online Sports Management and Bachelors programs
- Voted most affordable Online Sports Management B.S.
- Internships offered through YMCA and Atlanta Falcons
- Immersive capstone project
Jump to the complete list of sports degrees in Georgia:
Middle Georgia State University Online Bachelors in Sport Management
Middle Georgia State University offers an Online B.S. in Sports Management. The program follows the same curriculum as their traditional Sports Management B.S. Here are more details:
- Prepares students for the M.S. in Sports Management also offered
- 5 campus locations for required in person resources
- Internships offered with local and professional athletics organizations
Georgia Southern University Online Masters in Sports Management
Georgia Southern University offers an Online Masters degrees in Sports Management. Georgia Southern University also offers an Online Masters in Kinesiology with a concentration in either Physical Education or Coaching. Here are more details for all programs:
- All programs consist of 36 credits
- Physical Education track requires Bachelors in Physical Education
- Coaching track requires concurrent coaching appointment
- Programs allow pursuit of Gerontology or Strength and Conditioning graduate certificates
Associate and Bachelors Sport Degrees in Georgia
|Berry College||B.S. in Sport Administration|
|Covenant College||Bachelor's in Sport Administration|
|Georgia Southern University||Online B.S. in Sports Management|
|Georgia Southern University||BS in Sports Management|
|Georgia State University||B.I.S. in Sport Administration (Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies)|
|Kennesaw State University||B.S. in Sport Management|
|Middle Georgia State University||Online B.S. in Sport Management|
|Middle Georgia State University||B.S. in Sport Management|
|Shorter University||Online Associates in Sports Management|
|Toccoa Falls College||B.S. in Sport Management|
|University of Georgia||B.S. in Sport Management|
|University of West Georgia||Online Bachelor's in Sport Management|
|University of West Georgia||Bachelor's in Sport Management|
Graduate: Doctorate and Masters Sport Degrees in Georgia
|Georgia Southern University||Online M.S. in Sports Management|
|Georgia Southern University||MS in Sports Management|
|Georgia State University||M.S. of Sport Administration|
|Georgia State University||Ph.D. in Kinesiology in (Sport Administration)|
|University of Georgia||M.S. in Sport Management & Policy|
|University of Georgia||Ph.D. in Sport Management & Policy|
|University of West Georgia||Online M.S. in Sport Management|
|University of West Georgia||M.S. in Sport Management|
Georgia College State University
Georgia College State University offers an Online M.S. in Health and Human Performance with an emphasis in Human Performance or Health Promotion. They also offer an Online M.A. in Teaching in Kinesiology/Physical Education.
- Health Promotion concentration offered completely online
- M.A. in Teaching requires one semester of in person teaching
- Both tracks accommodate part-time enrollment
Georgia State University
Georgia State University offers an Online M.Ed. in Health and Physical Education. Here are program highlights:
- 36 credit hours
- Preparation to teach Physical Education for K-12th grade
- Specialty instruction for teaching physical activity among students with developmental disabilities
University of West Georgia
The University of West Georgia offers an Online Masters in Sports Management. This program offers many options. Here are a few:
- Concentration in Intercollegiate Athletic Administration or Sports Analytics
- Generalist track allows students to create a custom curriculum taking from both specialties
The University of North Georgia offers an Online M.S. in Kinesiology. The program is designed for individuals who are or wish to pursue teaching credentials.
- Students may start in Fall, Spring, or Summer terms
- Concentrations in Exercise Science or Physical Education
- Courses are available in two year rotations
- Consists of 30 semester hours
Top Sports Organizations in Georgia
Georgia is home to several professional and collegiate athletic organizations. These organizations have partnered with the listed institutions to offer internships and career development. They offer a variety of professional development and skill building services. These are the top organizations in Georgia:
- Atlanta Braves
- Atlanta Falcons
- Atlanta Hawks
- University of Georgia
- Georgia State University
- Fox Sports Broadcasting
- Triple Play Foundation (non-profit)
- American Association of Adaptive Sports Programs
- Atlanta Dream
- Augusta National Golf Course
Top Sports Careers in Georgia
The Department of Labor anticipates a 20% increase in sports related jobs through 2030. Furthermore, professions such as athletic trainers and exercise physiologists are expected to increase over the next decade by 13% and 22%, respectively. The Department of Labor indicates that roughly 75% of all new Sports jobs will require a Bachelors degree.
- Sports Analyst: Statisticians/analysts have an average salary of $92,000 and projected job growth of 30% through 2030. The mean annual salary for analysts in Georgia is $104,000.
- Physical/Fitness Education: The field of health education is expected to grow by 14% through 2030. Georgia has the nation’s 4th highest number of health education jobs, and the highest mean annual salary, ranging from $68,000-$94,000.
- Athletic Coaches and Scouts: Coaching is expected to grow at the rate of 36% by 2030, much faster than the national average. The state of Georgia has the 4th highest annual mean salary for coaches and scouts, at ~$85,000/year.
- Exercise Physiologist: The field of exercise physiology is projected to increase by 16% by 2030. This includes physical therapists and research scientists. Georgia has one of highest levels of employment for physiologists in the country. The average salary in Georgia is $54,000/year, which is the second highest in the country.
- Sports Journalist/Reporters: Atlanta, Georgia is home to one of the highest concentrations of sports announcers and commentators, and the average salary for a broadcast reporter or commentator is $83,000. The field is expected to grow 15% over the next 10 years.
- Agent and Business Manager: The Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area has a higher than average concentration of sports and athletic agents. The annual mean salary for agents in Georgia is $77,000-$96,000 .
What can you do with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Sport Management or Exercise Science in Georgia?
Georgia boasts a large number of professional athletic organizations, as well as Olympic training facilities and collegiate athletic institutions. There are also national news networks based in Atlanta.
This means there are many career options for those pursuing or possessing education in sports management or exercise science. The best career choices for sports in Georgia are sports analyst, and ideal for someone with a background in statistics and sports management or kinesiology. Physical and Fitness education jobs are also expected to increase in demand. Georgia has many schools that offer training and teaching positions in this field. Sports league directors and event coordinators, as well as facilities managers, are also in demand in Georgia.
Finally, applied exercise science and kinesiology are popular careers in Georgia, particularly at the graduate and post-secondary academic level, where there is a need for research scientists. Related, non-traditional paths include athletic training and instruction, and coaching.