Louisiana is home to many large universities that offer high level, robust degrees in human health and performance including Kinesiology degrees, Sports Management degree programs, and related human performance programs. The majority of Louisiana's campus based universities are located in or around New Orleans.
Consider an online program currently accepting applicants.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
100% online, become an occupational therapist, nutritionist or physician assistant with further education.
|University of West Florida
|Bachelor||Online Master of Movement Sciences & Health – Physical Education and Sports Performance
Two specializations: Exercise Science, and Physical Education and Sports Performance.
|Master||Online MS in Health Science
Fitness and wellness track provides a strong scientific basis for advanced areas of the field
|Masters||Online MA in Sport Management
Areas of emphasis in Sport Administration adn Sport Marketing.
|Spring Hill College
|Bachelor||Online Bachelors Sports Management
100% online, 2-4 years to complete.
Are There Online Sports Degrees in Louisiana?
Yes, Louisiana has several schools that offer online sports degrees, at both the online Bachelors of Sport Management and graduate sport management levels. Louisiana is the 25th most populous state in the country with 4.5 million people. It is known for historic collegiate and professional athletics including Louisiana State University Tigers and the New Orleans Saints.
Jump to the complete list of sports degrees in Louisiana:
- Louisiana Associate and Bachelors in sports programs
- Louisiana Masters and Doctorate in sport programs
Top Louisiana Online Sports Degrees
Below is a review of universities that offer Online sports degrees in Louisiana at all levels.
Louisiana State University Bachelors in Sports Administration & Masters in Sports Management and Kinesiology
LSU is the largest public university in the state and one of its better known. LSU offers multiple Online degrees in sports at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and also offers Online graduate certificates. Here are more details for both levels:
- LSU is named by Forbes as one of the best value colleges in the country
- B.S. in Sports Administration offers concentrations in Sports Commerce and Leadership
- B.S. consists of 120 units and costs $320/credit hour
- M.S. in Sports Management consists of 36 units and is COSMA accredited and ranked #3 among Best Masters Programs' Online Sport Management programs
- M.S. Kinesiology and Sports Management programs offer internships in LSU athletics programs
- Either program supports inclusion of Sports Management and Leadership graduate certificate
University of Louisiana at Lafayette Bachelors in Exercise Science
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a large public university that offers an affordable Online B.S. in Exercise Science with a concentration in Health Promotion and Wellness. Here are details:
- 8- and 16-week programs offered
- Offers pathway to sit for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam
- Internships and clinical rotations available through athletics and Nursing departments
- Program includes coursework in human movement science as well as public health and epidemiology
University of Louisiana at Monroe Masters in Exercise Science
The University of Louisiana at Monroe is another branch of the public University of Louisiana. This college offers an Online M.S. in Exercise Science with an emphasis in Sports Management. Here are more program details:
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine
- Program enables interested students to pursue internships through ACSM
- Participating students may sit for ACSM's Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist exam at graduation
- Graduation requirements include EITHER specific elective coursework and comprehensive exam OR independent research based thesis
Tulane University Masters in Exercise Science
Tulane University is a large, private college in New Orleans. It's a well-known school and has highly rated liberal arts programs. The exercise science program is part of the school of professional advancement which is designed specifically for working and non-traditional students. Here are more details:
- Students add one of three graduate certificates in either Coaching, Sports Medicine or Sports Security
- Tulane is ranked in top 40 universities in the nation
- 9 unit per term max enrollment
McNeese State University Masters in Health and Human Performance
McNeesse State University is located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. They have a program in Health and Human Performance with a concentration in Health Promotion as part of the larger Exercise Science program. Here are details:
- Level 5 Accreditation by National Committee on Accreditation of Coaching Education (NCACE)
- Completion requires 36 units including 2 credit hours for practicum
- GRE not required for admission
Top Sports Organizations in Louisiana
Louisiana is home to several large collegiate and professional sports organizations. Louisiana also has miles of coastline to host numerous maritime competition events:
- New Orleans Saints (NFL)
- New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)
- LSU Tigers (NCAA)
- New Orleans Gold (Rugby)
- US Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association
- New Orleans Breakers (USFL)
- UL Ragin' Cajuns
- Grambling State University Tigers
- Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
Associate and Bachelors Sport Degrees in Louisiana
|Grambling State University||B.S. in Kinesiology - Sport Management|
|Louisiana State University||B.S. in Sport Studies|
|Louisiana State University||Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration|
|The University of Louisiana Monroe||B.S. in Sport Management|
|Tulane University||Bachelors in Sport Studies|
|University of Louisiana, Lafayette||Bachelor's in Recreation/Sport Management|
Graduate: Doctorate and Masters Sport Degrees in Louisiana
|Grambling State University||M.S. in Sport Administration|
|Louisiana State University||Doctor of Philosophy in Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport Management|
|Louisiana State University||M.S. in Kinesiology - Concentration in Sport Management|
|Louisiana State University||Master of Science in Kinesiology, Specialization in Sport Management (traditional and online)|
|Louisiana State University||PhD in Sport Management|
|The University of Louisiana Monroe||M.S. in Sport Management|
|Tulane University||MPS in Sport Studies|
|University of Louisiana, Lafayette||Masters in Recreation/Sport Management|
Top Sports Careers in Louisiana
The Department of Labor anticipates a 20% increase in sports related jobs through 2030. The Department of Labor indicates that roughly 75% of all new Sports jobs will require a Bachelors degree. Louisiana is expected to add 1,600 sports management jobs each year.
- Sports Analyst: Sports analysts compile and analyze in-game statistics and have a background in statistics and/or mathematics. Analysts have an average salary of $92,000 and projected job growth of 33% through 2030. The mean annual salary for analysts in Louisiana is $72,000.
- Exercise Physiologist: Physiologists help to create programs that promote recovery of athletic injuries. This field is expected to grow 13% over the next decade. The median salary for physiologists is $50,030.
- General and Operations Managers: General managers are responsible for the planning and operations of athletic organizations, including developing and executing contracts and planning various aspects of human resources. The median annual wage is $114,380.
- Professor/Faculty Member: Louisiana is another state that is home to several top tier universities. These institutions are a good choice for those who wish to pursue teaching and/or research. This field is expected to grow by 12% through 2030. Louisiana has one of the top paying locales for professors, with an annual mean salary ranging from $83,300 – $205,700.
- Coaches and Scouts: Louisiana is home to a large number of collegiate and professional sports teams, and scouts and coaches help such teams find talented athletes. The field of sport scouting is expected to grow by 26% over the next decade. On average, scouts in Louisiana earn $46,700 per year.
- Sports Agents: Agents and managers represent athletes from sports teams. Agents typically have backgrounds in business, management, finance, or athletics. This field should see a growth of 22% by 2030. The average annual salary for agents in Louisiana is $43,230.
What can you do with a Bachelors or Masters degree in Sport Management in Louisiana?
Because Louisiana has a large number of elite colleges and athletic organizations, there is a need for workers with experience in sports management and exercise science. The top careers in Louisiana are professor, sports analyst, and exercise physiologist. Other top jobs include coach, athletic manager, and sports marketing.